Re: 3.5 kernel options for Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1250

bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> You can 'grep MODULE_ drivers/media/video/cx23885/*
>>> drivers/media/video/cx25840/* ' and other relevant directories under
>>> drivers/media/{dvb, common} to find all the parameter options for
>all
>>> the drivers involved in making a HVR_1250 work.
>>
>> Or just build with everything enabled until you know it is working,
>> and then optimize the list of modules later.
>
>It should have been easier, select the card and it builds all the
>drivers
>it needs. :-)
>Is there a script somewhere that lets me select a card and
>automatically
>modifies the kernel config?
>

>> Also, the 1250 is broken for analog until very recently (patches went
>> upstream for 3.5/3.6 a few days ago).
>
>North American OTA is all digital so I have no way to test it.
>

>> Devin
>>
>> --
>> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
>> http://www.kernellabs.com
>> --
>linux-media" in

There are too many different card models and variants supported by bridge drivers to list every one in the kconfig system.

There are several variants of the 1250 itself with different chips on board.  You have no guarantee that two retail boxes labeled HVR-1250 both contain identical hardware.

IMO, trying to winnow down the supporting drivers you compile just sets yourself for more work in the future if you add a second card.

Regards,
Andy