[MINI SUMMIT] media mini-summit at KS/2012

After the discussions around the media mini-summit, this is the
consolidated list of topics.

We tried to give a fair time for each topic.

With regards to the proposed topic "Intel media SDK", nobody
volunteered to give such a talk. So, if there is anyone interested
to talk about it, it can either be part of SoC vendor's feedback
(if it won't take too long), or it could be handled as a topic
during LPC. So, let's put this one in the fridge.

Topics for the media mini-summit
================================

    - morning:
           V4L2 API ambiguities + v4l2 compliance tool: 60 min
           Media Controller library: 30 min
           ALSA and V4L/Media Controller: 30 min
           ARM and needed features for V4L/DVB: 30 min
    - after lunch:
           SoC Vendors feedback – how to help them to go upstream: 45 min
           V4L2/DVB issues from userspace perspective: 45 min
           Android's V4L2 cam library: 30 min
           HDMI CEC: 30 min
           Synchronization, shared resource and optimizations: 30 min

The DT discussions will likely require more time and maybe a different
audience. So, it seems better to handle it as either as a separate/LPC
section or at DT mini-summit:
          Common device tree bindings for media devices: 45 min

Attendants
==========

Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx>
Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx>
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Naveen Krishnamurthy <naveen.krishnamurthy@xxxxxx>
Palash Bandyopadhyay <Palash.Bandyopadhyay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Pawel Osciak <pawel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@xxxxxx>
Sri Deevi <Srinivasa.Deevi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <b.zolnierkie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Kamil Debski <k.debski@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Naveen also asked another seat for ST, but didn't provide us yet
the name of the other interested party.

For the cross-system topics, it is important to have people from the
other subsystems there. So, we're proposing to have some people
there, but we need to double-check if they can really be there for
the discussions. Of course, other Kernel developers from KS/LPC
that work on those subsystems are welcome.

The names that came up during our discussions for those panels are:

	Rob Clark <rob.clark@xxxxxxxxxx> (HDMI CEC, ALSA, ARM)
	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> (ALSA)
	Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@xxxxxxx> (ARM)
	Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (DT)

Not sure if they all will be there or if they'll have some time
to discuss those things with us. We hope they will ;)

Thanks,
Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Hans Verkuil