Re: Problems with Asus My Cinema-U3000Hybrid tuner

On 20-07-12 11:01, H. Cristiano Alves Machado wrote:
2012/7/20 Oliver Schinagl <oliver+list@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
I did do see those already. Well if you have never seen it properly work in
Linux, there may be a few things to try. The easiest is an older version of
ubuntu for example. DIB7000 based devices are supported for quite some time.
10.04 was an LTS release, best start with that one to test. The only other
thing I could think of, is that maybe your firmware is different. It
currently loads 1.20; Maybe try extracting the firmware from your windows
driver and try that first.

Other then that, I really have no idea :(
Hi Oliver and thanks for the care you've shown up until now! I really
appreciate that.

I will try to follow your suggestions.

I will try to install previous version of ubuntu (10.04 LTS first) and
then the second way, adapt windows'.
I found that on October 13th 2008 Mauro commited support for the Asus My Cinema U3000 Hybrid. Mauro is currently on vacation so your best bet would have been him. I also see that Albert Comera and Patrick Boettcher signed off on this too, so they should know the details on why it's not working.

I've noticed that my PCI DVB-T card works quite some better in kaffeine then in VDR. Also me-tv works reasonably well (when not using a CAM). Try various applications in your testing enviroment, it may be application related.

Unfortunately I can not help you anymore then that.

I have some doubts about extracting windows drivers and applying them here.

How can I go about doing that?

If you (or someone else can give some pointers I will try to follow them)

Besides I will also look (google) around to see how that can be done.

Best regards!