Actually working DVB cards, linuxtv.org wiki vague.

Hi,

Since I'm not getting any feedback about the TechnoTrend DVB-T 1500 PCI and it's cam module, I'm thinking of going a different route. DVB-C. My ISP actually does transmit unencrypted DVB-C (if you pay for TV) so I may as well switch to DVB-C for now.

There are two potential devices I see.

Technisat CableStar HD2 [1]
This card may be slow PCI, but as far as I know far and far plenty of bandwith for DVB-C right? You can grab the entire transport-stream and still have BW left to spare? It is only a single tuner however (which is ok, the DVB-C signal is all on one transponder/frequency).

I see all modules mentioned from the wiki in the kernel, so while the wiki is outdated, it should work. But have people got experience with the reliability of this? Does it work and work fast?

The hardware cam is nice to have, but completely useless. Unless I could get a USB DVB-* device and feed it's transport stream through THAT cam interface.

Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual [2]
This card is also very interesting. It would steal one of the viewer available PCI-e sockets, it does feature a dual tuners. I believe you can tune either one DVB-C channel (+one analog channel, but that is really not important at all) or TWO dvb-T channels. This one does not feature a cam, but for DVB-C that is not important and for DVB-T, softcam could be the solution.

Anybody have any experience with this card? I found _some_ references in the 3.3.7 kernel I have on my desktop atm but appearantly 3.4.3 should work better.

I'm sorry for asking here, but I'm not quite sure where else to ask for decent supported cards, and my wallet has run dry from buying badly supported crap :(

[1] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_CableStar_HD2
[2] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_T_PCIe_dual