Re: [Workshop-2011] Media summit at the Kernel Summit - was: Fwd: Re: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] Organising Mini Summits within the Kernel Summit

On Tuesday 17 July 2012 21:41:18 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 21:32:22 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Tue July 17 2012 19:30:53 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > > As we did in 2012, we're planning to do a media summit again at KS/2012.
> > >
> > > The KS/2012 will happen in San Diego, CA, US, between Aug 26-28, just
> > > before the LinuxCon North America.
> > >
> > > In order to do it, I'd like to know who is interested on participate,
> > > and to get proposals about what subjects will be discussed there,
> > > in order to start planning the agenda.
> >
> > I'd like to have 30 minutes to discuss a few V4L2 API ambiguities or just
> > plain weirdness, just like I did last year. I'll make an RFC issues to
> > discuss beforehand. I might also have a short presentation/demo of
> > v4l2-compliance, as I believe more people need to know about that utility.
>
> That's a good idea. On the topic of ambiguities, could you add
> VIDIOC_STREAMON and VIDIOC_STREAMOFF behaviour when the stream is already
> started/stopped respectively ?

Another ambiguity for your list: what should a driver return in TRY_FMT/S_FMT
if the requested format is not supported (possible behaviours include
returning the currently selected format or a default format).

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart