Re: Media summit at the Kernel Summit - was: Fwd: Re: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] Organising Mini Summits within the Kernel Summit

> As we did in 2012, we're planning to do a media summit again at KS/2012.

Excellent.

> The KS/2012 will happen in San Diego, CA, US, between Aug 26-28, just
> before the LinuxCon North America.
>
> In order to do it, I'd like to know who is interested on participate,
> and to get proposals about what subjects will be discussed there,
> in order to start planning the agenda.

I'm interested. I like the idea of some cross-subsystem pollination,
talking with the ALSA people for example ... and given that ARM is
growing, I'd like to catch up and understand where ARM silicon is
heading in terms of embedded video decoding and any support for
hardware specific features we may / may not have / need.

... and of course, if we have anyone from Intel then we should be
asking if/when their Intel Media SDK (hardware H264  encoding) is
going to become a reality, or possibly kickstart that process.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com