Re: [GIT PULL FOR v3.6] mostly remove V4L2_FL_LOCK_ALL_FOPS

Hi Hans,

On 07/04/2012 07:42 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> This pull request builds on (and includes) this core patch series:
>
> http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13180/
>
> It is identical to the RFC patch series I posted before:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg48184.html
>
> ...except that I dropped the patches touching s5p-fimc and fimc-lite and the
> final patch removing the flag altogether.
>
> Sylwester posted patches for those two drivers, but they won't apply. Sylwester,
> can you rebase those patches? Once I have those, then I can make another pull
> request that fixes those two drivers and removes the flag completely.

First of all, sorry about the trouble. These patches are available at:

git://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/linux-samsung v4l-fimc-next

The first one was already included in a pull request with fixes for 3.5-rc:
http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13149. It is not really needed for
your V4L2_FL_LOCK_ALL_FOPS removal changeset. You only need the top one from
the above branch.

The reason why those 2 patches won't apply to the current media tree is
a pending fixups pull request from over a month ago -
http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/11503. These are mostly important fixes
for new code that went into 3.5, and I'm really not happy they're still not
upstream :(

So I would propose you to merge v4l-fimc-fixes branch from
git://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/linux-samsung, then there won't be
any merge conflicts.

Please feel free to add the top patch:
"s5p-fimc: Remove V4L2_FL_LOCK_ALL_FOPS flag"
to your pull request including the patch removing V4L2_FL_LOCK_ALL_FOPS.

Here is a gitweb link:
http://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/linux-samsung/shortlog/refs/heads/v4l-fimc-next

--
Regards,