Re: dheitmueller/cx23885_fixes.git and mygica x8507

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Alfredo Jesús Delaiti
<alfredodelaiti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I tried the patches made by Devin Heitmueller, and returned soundto the
> plate mygica X8507.
> Has not corrected the green band that appears on the left side and shrinks
> the image by changing a little the aspect ratio, compresses a bit
> horizontally. With kernel versions 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 that did not happen.

Hello Alfredo,

Thanks for testing.  Glad to hear you're having some success with
those patches.  A few questions about your specific board (since I
don't have the actual hardware):

1.  Which cx2388x based chip does it have?  cx23885?  cx23887?  cx23888?
2.  Specifically which video standard are you using?  NTSC?  PAL-BG?  PAL-DK?
3.  What input are you capturing on?  Tuner?  Composite?  S-video?
4.  Can you provide a screenshot showing the problem?
5.  Are you capturing raw video, or using MPEG encoder (assuming your
board has a cx23417)?

My guess is this is some sort of problem with the video standard
selection.  All of my testing thus far has been with NTSC-M, so I
would guess there is probably some general regression in PAL or SECAM
support (which should be pretty easy to fix once I have the answers to
the above questions).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs