Re: hdpvr lockup with audio dropouts

>> >Does it do this under Windows?  If it does, then call Hauppauge and get them
>> >to fix it (and if that results in a firmware fix, then it will help Linux
>> >too).  If it works under Windows, then we know it's some sort of driver
>> >issue which would be needed.
>> >
>> >It's always good when it's readily reproducible.  :-)
>> >

>> Well, I tested it in Windows and no, the HD-PVR does not lock up when the
>> audio signal is lost.  It does pause, but when the signal comes back it
>> resumes playing normally.  So if I understand you correctly, this would most
>> likely be a Linux driver bug rather than a firmware problem.
>
>Yes, it's a driver bug (although iirc the device locked up when I wrote
>the driver). If you have usb traffic logs from the windows driver I'll
>look at them. If not I'll try to set my hdpvr up in the next days.
>
>Janne

Here's a link to a USB traffic capture I made with USBlyzer (http://www.usblyzer.com/):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5664816/hdpvr.ulz

I disconnected the SPDIF cable several seconds into the capture and then reconnected several seconds later.
If you need the capture in a different format, please let me know.  Thanks for your help.

Jonathan