Re: Chipset change for CX88_BOARD_PINNACLE_PCTV_HD_800i

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Mack Stanley <mcs1937@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> mplayer [various options] dvb://6
>
> tunes to different channels different times, sometimes to video from one
> channel and sound from another, sometimes to video but no sound.

I would try tuning to the same channel multiple times and see if it
behaves *consistently*.  In other words, does it always tune to the
same "wrong" channel or consistently show the same wrong audio/video
stream.  My guess is this has nothing to do with the card but rather
is a problem with the scanner putting the right values into the
channels.conf (wrong video/audio PIDs in the file).

> I'll be interested in what your contacts at pctv suggest.

I'm going back and forth with my PCTV contact.  He says the chip was
swapped out and there weren't any other changes to the PCB.  However
as you discovered, driver changes are required.  Should be pretty easy
to get working.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs