Re: Patches

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Peter Senna Tschudin
<peter.senna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I run it pointing to the patch, it also includes Julia Lawall and
> Greg Kroah-Hartman. See:
>
> $ scripts/get_maintainer.pl
> outgoing/0001-RESEND-cx231xx-Paranoic-stack-memory-save.patch
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (maintainer:MEDIA INPUT
> INFRA...,commit_signer:11/12=92%)
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (commit_signer:3/12=25%)
> Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (commit_signer:2/12=17%)
> Julia Lawall <julia@xxxxxxx> (commit_signer:1/12=8%)
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxx> (commit_signer:1/12=8%)

My guess is that you have applied some patches from Greg and/or Julia
to your tree.
Keep in mind that get_maintainer.pl is just a script, that will go
through "git log" output
to tell you who has been working on some area.

On a personal note, I take get_maintainer.pl (along with
checkpatch.pl) as a **guide only**,
to tell me who should I send patches to.
I like to also search the mailing lists for recent patches to find
relevant people to put on cc.

Regards,
Ezequiel.