Re: [v4l-utils] Add configure option to allow qv4l2 disable

Hi Gregor,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Gregor Jasny <gjasny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On 5/30/12 3:42 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
>>
>> This patch could ease the job of a few people,
>> by providing an option they actually need.
>> OpenWRT [1] and Openembedded [2] are already disabling
>> qv4l2 by applying ugly patches.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/libs/libv4l/patches/004-disable-qv4l2.patch
>> [2] http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/21469/
>

> What's the purpose of this patch? As far as I can see it saves compile time
> if Qt4 development stuff is installed. Otherwise building qv4l should be
> skipped.

I just found that people were applying patches to disable qv4l2 compilation.
In [2] you'll find this message: "The makefiles in the project attempt
to use the hosts' compilers if
qmake is installed." Perhaps, this was due to an old bug that's already solved.

So: I'm not sure if patch is useful, but I thought I could send it
anyway and let you decide ;)

Hope it helps,
Ezequiel.