Re: Preliminary proposal, new APIs for HDMI and DVI control in v4l2

Hi Soby

On 05/27/2012 07:30 PM, Soby Mathew wrote:
Martin Bugge (marbugge<marbugge<at>  cisco.com>  writes:

This is a preliminary proposal for an extension to the v4l2 api.
To be discussed at the  V4L2 'brainstorming' meeting in Warsaw, March 2011

Purpose: Provide basic controls for HDMI and DVI devices.

reposting the query since the earlier post did not appear in mailing list.

Hi Martin,
    We are also in requirement of these controls as described by you. I did a
search in the archives but could not find a suitable conclusion to the RFC. I
could find that the dv_timings structure has been modified as a result of
further discussions. But for many items like S_EDID, DV_CABLE_DETECT, Info
frames etc , I could not find the logical conclusion to this RFC. Could please
let me know the further updates on these requirements?
It has been on hold for a very long time, but just last week Hans Verkuil posted a RFC
which is a follow up on this subject.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg47671.html

So that thread has taken over.

Thanks in Advance