Re: FW: OMAP 3 ISP

2012/5/29 Alex Gershgorin <alexg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Ritesh,
>
> Please send in the future CC to laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>> Hi Alex,
>> I also started working with OMAP35x torpedo kit, I successful compile Linux 3.0 and ported on the board.
>> Device is booting correctly but probe function in omap3isp module not getting called.
>> Please help me
>
> You have relevant Kernel boot messages?
> You can also find information in media archives OMAP 3 ISP thread.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Hi, I had a similar problem with a 2.6.39 kernel, that was solved with
a 3.2 kernel.
When compiled as a module, the probe function was called, but was failing later.

The single message I would see was "ISP revision x.y found" [1]

When compiled in the kernel image, everything was fine.

[1] http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.39.4/drivers/media/video/omap3isp/isp.c#L2103

Jean-Philippe François