Re: PCTV 290e with DVB-C on Fedora 16?

On 18.05.2012 23:27, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
On 18 May 2012 15:01, Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>  wrote:
On 18.05.2012 11:38, Niklas Brunlid wrote:

That whole issues is related of MFE (multi-frontend) =>  SFE
(single-frontend) change.

Yes, that I have understood. But from the threads on the MythTV lists
below, it seems at least one user has one or more 290e sticks running
fine in DVB-T (or T2) mode. Although that was on Ubuntu IIRC.

w_scan works? At least for me.

It was some time since I actually ran it. I'll have to try again
tomorrow as the backend is currently recording, and MythTV seems to
tie up the device even though it is not connected with any input in
mythtvsetup...

2012-05-13 17:25:32.385665 E  FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed
(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
   eno: No such device (19)

I looked frontend code and I do not see where that error is coming.
Maybe there is no such file at all?

The file is there, as seen in the ls output I posted. And dvb-fe-tool
complains when mythbackend is running:

The system also has a Hauppauhe PVR350 and a Hauppage Nova-T 500, in
case that's relevant. The Nova works fine, although the reception is
poor (70%) which is why I got the 290e for DVB-C. :)

BTW, I see firmware being loaded for the Hauppauge devices. Is the
same needed for the PCTV 290e?

No firmware needed for that device. All used chips are firmware "free".

DVB-C is not officially supported by that device but it seems to work rather well. Biggest problem is hard coded LNA but I think I am going to resolve LNA and GPIO issues later this summer when enhancing DVB-CORE frontend issues. My plan is to add internal API, GPIO callbacks for the demod and tuner in order to allow use of LNA etc. And of course some param to API which sets LNA AUTO/ON/OFF, maybe numeric value for gain also?

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/