Re: [ANN] Selection API naming meeting #v4l-meeting next Monday

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:18:49PM +0300, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Let's have a quick meeting 14:00 Finnish time (GMT + 3) next Monday on
> #v4l-meeting on two topics:
>
> - Selection target naming. It has been proposed that the _ACTUAL / _ACTIVE
>   be removed and e.g. the crop targets would be then called
>   V4L2_SEL_TGT_CROP and V4L2_SUBDEV_SEL_TGT_CROP on V4L2 and subdve
>   interfaces, respectively.
>
> - Unifying selection targets on subdevs and V4L2 API. Currently the IDs of
>   mostly equivalent targets are the same, but there are subtle differences
>   between the targets in some cases. We still have documented everything
>   twice, even if the differences are subtle. Would it make sese to unify the
>   two, and just mention the differences?

Hi all,

The meeting log is available here:

<URL:http://www.retiisi.org.uk/v4l2/notes/v4l2-selections-rename-2012-05-14.txt>

Short summary: we decided that the _ACTUAL/_ACTIVE can be removed from
selection target names, and that the selection targets can be unified
between V4L2 and V4L2 subdev interfaces.

Kind regards,

--
Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@xxxxxx	jabber/XMPP/Gmail: sailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx