Re: [GIT PULL FOR v3.5] Update v4l2-dev/ioctl.c to add gspca locking requirements

Hi,

On 05/10/2012 05:35 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Hans,

On Thursday 10 May 2012 13:59:34 Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Mauro,

Here is the pull request for this. HdG's gspca work depends on this and he
likes to get this in for 3.5. I think these are pretty good improvements
and for 3.6 I intend to build on it, basically getting rid of the whole
huge switch statement in v4l2-ioctl.c and replace it with table look-ups
and callbacks.

But for now this is primarily to support the gspca work.

The patches have been posted as RFCs early today and the pull request is
already here... I'd like to review them first if you don't mind :-)

I reviewed and acked them (Hans V. has addressed my one concern on irc),
of course having multiple reviewers is good, so go ahead. Note that there
is not a real lot of interesting stuff inside though wrt potential locking
issues as the old behavior is preserved.

This patch just allows for drivers to selective opt out of the video_device
/ v4l2-dev.c lock for certain ioctls and for all non ioctl fops.

Regards,

Hans