Re: Demod hardware pid filter implement

On 28.04.2012 12:17, nibble.max wrote:
Hello Antti,
As we known that AF9013 has the hardware pid filter capability.
How to implement the hardware pid filter, which the demodulator has this capability?

For usb, i find
struct dvb_usb_adapter_fe_properties {
int (*pid_filter_ctrl) (struct dvb_usb_adapter *, int);
int (*pid_filter)      (struct dvb_usb_adapter *, int, u16, int);
It can implement the hardware filter if the demodulator has.

But on the other interface, i do not find similar solution.
For example, we have a hardware of AF9013 and CX23885 pcie chip and want to use the hardware pid filter in AF9013.
i find some codes to hook the dvb.demux to do that pid filtering.
I think it is demod property, but the current "dvb_frontend_ops" has no definition for this.
It is better that adding a function pointer of pid filtering in "dvb_frontend_ops" to do in general way.
What is your idea?

It is not supported currently - only DVB USB supports it.

In order to PID filter for the demodulator you will need to change DVB fronted code. Copy some PID -filtering stuff from the DVB USB to the frondend handling.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/