Re: Add a new usb id for Elgato EyeTV DTT

On 14/04/2012 12:01, Gianluca Gennari wrote:
Il 14/04/2012 08:55, Daniel ha scritto:
Hi,

I've got an Elgato EyeTV for Mac and PC
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Elgato_EyeTV_DTT). It is given as
compatible since Linux 2.6.31, but the usb id can be not only 0fd9:0021,
but 0fd9:003f too. This id is currently not recognized...

Some pages explain how to change the id (see
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1510188.html,
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1756828.html and
https://sites.google.com/site/slackwarestuff/home/elgato-eyetv).

Why this id is not included by default? When will it be included in the
code?

Sincerely,

Hi Daniel,
new USB PIDs are added when someone reports on this list that they are
working.
That's exactly what you did, so now it's possible to add it.
If you know how to do it, you can create a patch to add the new ID.
Of course you have to define a new PID, as you cannot overwrite an
existing PID like they suggest on the Ubuntu forums.
If you don't know hot to do a patch, I can do it for you, as long as you
are willing to test it.

It would be nice to know the exact name of the new product. I see people
reporting it as a new revision of the Elgato EyeTV DTT and others as the
Elgato EyeTV Deluxe. Which one do you have exactly?

Regards,
Gianluca
Hi,

The exact name of the product is Elgato EyeTV DTT seen on LinuxTv.org (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Elgato_EyeTV_DTT) and Elgato site (http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/tuner/DTT08/product1.en.html).

With dmesg, it's:
usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 11 using ehci_hcd
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0fd9, idProduct=003f
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-1: Product: EyeTV DTT
usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Elgato
usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 005

With lsusb, it's:
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0fd9:003f Elgato Systems GmbH
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0fd9 Elgato Systems GmbH
  idProduct          0x003f
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Elgato
  iProduct                2 EyeTV DTT
  iSerial                 3 005
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           46
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xa0
      (Bus Powered)
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           4
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      0
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               1
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               1
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               1
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               1
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  bNumConfigurations      1
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

I use Debian Sid and Linux kernel 3.2 and 3.3 (64 bits).

Could you send me your package so I can check it?

Sincerely,

Daniel