Re: Unknown eMPIA tuner

>> I just got a USB tuner ("HD TV ATSC USB stick") which lsusb describes as
>> "ID eb1a:1111 eMPIA Technology, Inc." and was wondering how to try to
>> get it working.
>> Would the em28xx driver be able to handle it?  If so, how should I modify
>> it to try it out?
> You would probably have to start by taking it apart and seeing which
> demodulator and tuner chips it contained.

Hmm... how would I go about taking it apart without destroying it?
...hhmmm... apparently, a bit of brute force did the trick (at least
for the "taking it apart" bit, not sure about the "without destroying
it" yet).

On one side I see a small IC that says something like "Trident \n DRX
3933J B2".

On the other side I see 2 ICs that say respectively "eMPIA \n ?M2874B"
and "NXP \n TDA182?1HDC2 \n P3KNR" (the ? might be a slash or a 7) plus
a third tiny "24C??? \n FTG..." but I don't think that one
is significant.

        Stefan