Re: bttv 0.9.19 driver

Em 25-03-2012 09:21, Paulo Cavalcanti escreveu:

>     There was a known regression at the radio core. Not sure when it happened, nor on what
>     kernel it were fixed. Could you please test a 3.x kernel?
>
>     If you're a RHEL6 customer, you can open a case with via the proper
>     Red Hat channels, in order to backport fix it on RHEL6 kernel.
>     Yet, even in this case, it would be important to test the latest kernel,
>     to see if the fixes applied upstream fixes the issue.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Mauro.
>

> Hi, Mauro
>
> I tested other card ids, and the one that has always been chosen by the kernel (72) is working now:
>
> options bttv card=72 radio=1 tuner=69 audiomux=0x21,0x20,0x23,0x23,0x28 gpiomask=0x3f vcr_hack=1 chroma_agc=1
>
> In the past, this combination of tuner and card id had problems with the TV sound,
> but now either the radio, tv or remote is fine. I only did not test the composite input of the card.

Good.

> However, this is enough for me to maintain the analog radio packages in Fedora.
>
> Regarding the 3.0 kernel, If I update the video4linux drivers to the latest snapshot (in my case 03/21/2012) doesn't it produce the same result?

It should produce the same results.

> I am also trying to keep rhel6 functional in ATrpms, and I realized that there was also some recent
> change (after 11/24/2011) that forced me to upgrade video4linux drivers to have
> vlc 2.0 working with ISDB-TB in previous kernels:
>
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=99397 <http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=99397>

ISDB-T works on older kernels, via an emulation code at the Kernel. Userspace apps
thinks ISDB is DVB-T, so they all work.

The only think that doesn't work, via the emulation code, is radio broadcast. There are some
DVBv5 properties that need to be filled for it:

#define DTV_ISDBT_SOUND_BROADCASTING	19

#define DTV_ISDBT_SB_SUBCHANNEL_ID	20
#define DTV_ISDBT_SB_SEGMENT_IDX	21
#define DTV_ISDBT_SB_SEGMENT_COUNT	22

As there's no equivalent of those on DVB-T, and those parameters aren't automatically
detected by the (current) frontendds. So, only a program prepared to use them would
work. Also, not all ISDB drivers are prepared to work with those properties.

I never tested radio broadcast, as there aren't any such stations in Brazil,
so I can't tell if it works or not.

> I know this is a different topic, but would you know if mplayer is supporting ISDB-TB?

AFAIKT, mplayer doesn't support DVBv5 API, but, provided that you feed it with a proper
channels.conf file under ~/.mplayer, it works fine.

> While vlc and xine/kaffeine work, gstreamer and mplayer are still not working with ISDB-TB for me ...

Never tested gstreamer with ISDB-T.