media_build: how can I test older drivers?

To find the responsible patch for a regression, I need to test older drivers.
(1, 3 or 6 months ago)  How can I do this with media_build?

I don't really understand how the build script works. It seems that it doesn't
use the current media_tree.git, but loads instead a driver snapshot
(http://linuxtv.org/downloads/drivers/linux-media-LATEST.tar.bz2) which is at
the moment from March 9.

Can I simply change the name of the link for the bz2-package in
linux/Makefile?