Bit rate of a transport stream

Hi all,

 In finding the bit rate of a transport stream as a whole, I had a doubt
if someone can help  me please
 I did try to google but could not get any definite information on this
topic

 Say I have 2 programs in a transport stream each with 1 audio and 1 video
 Can I safely assume the total bitrate of the stream is the combined
bitrate of program 1 ES rate and progam 2 ES rate ?
 If this is the case will the audio PIDs should also be taken into
account for caculating the total bitrate of the stream ?

 Program 1  -> PIDA(audio), PIDB(video)
 Program 2  -> PIDC(audio), PIDD(video)

bitrate = ES rate of PIDA + PIDB + PIDC + PIDD ?

or is there any other easier way to find the bitrate of a MPEG transport
stream ?

thanks

--
Bhasker C V