RE: [Q] media: V4L2 compressed frames and s_fmt.

Hi Javier, Sakari,

Yes, in case of the compressed side (capture) the width, height and
bytesperline
is ignored. The MFC driver sets bytesperline to 0 and leaves width and height
intact
during S_FMT. I suggest you do the same or set all of them (width, height,
bytesperline)
to 0.

> It does. This has been recently discussed, and there were a few ideas how
> do this. But no final conclusion AFAIR.
>
> <URL:http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg40905.html>

In this RFC we have discussed the decoding and resolution change while
decoding. Here the question is about encoding.

> Kamil: do you have plans to update the RFC?

As Javier is now working on a codec driver then it might the right time to
bring the discussion back to life.

Best wishes,
--
Kamil Debski