dvb-c usb device for linux

Some time ago I asked if anyone knew of plans to add Linux support
for the PcTvSystems 520e
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg38055.html
I haven't yet gotten a dvb-c device and it was suggested that I look
into other models which I just did using google with the attached
dvb-c_usb_20120311.png as result which I think is exhaustive of
recent dvb-c usb devices of different brands with linux support.

Of these the AnySee E7 T2C has the most features and is among the youngest
but it is also way more expensive and its ci slot is not ci+ (for copy
prevention) which a provider in my area will be requiring as of next month.

Among the rest I'm leaning towards the Cinergy HTC Stick HD in lieu
of the 520e because it is popular, fairly recent and the cheapest

but leaves the question -
does anyone know of plans to add support for the 520e in the near future?
because if so then I'd rather get that. I'll help out with whatever I can.

PS.
If linux supported the 290e for dvb-c as supported by its chipset
CXD2820 as also used by the ET T2C for dvb-c then it would be my choice.
As I said in my previous email then
I found that the 290e works for dvb-c using dvbviewer and just now
I found that it works for dvb-c also using dvblink
(for use of Windows Media Center instead of dvbviewer).
But as it was said that use is out of spec. But - does that matter?
because that does not necessarily mean that it does not work as also the
test with dvbviewer and dvblink demonstrates. Perhaps the reason that
PcTvSystems has not announced the dvb-c support is not with the device
itself but with the PcTvSystems TvCenter software.
In short I'm pitching for adding linux support for the dvb-c from the 290e.
(ultimately PcTvSystems should IMHO finish up whatever is incomplete
if anything in their support of the 290e for dvb-c for a new model with
dvb-c/t/t2 support with a slightly higher price - just like the E7 T2C.)