RE: i.mx35 live video

Thanks Guennadi for your quick response ,

>Hi Alex

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> We would like to use I.MX35 processor in new project.
> An important element of the project is to obtain life video from the camera and display it on display.
> For these purposes, we want to use mainline Linux kernel which supports all the necessary drivers for the implementation of this task.
> As I understand that soc_camera is not currently supported userptr method, in which case how I can configure the video pipeline in user space
> to get the live video on display, without the intervention of the processor.

>soc-camera does support USERPTR, also the mx3_camera driver claims to
>support it.

I based on soc-camera.txt document.

The soc-camera subsystem provides a unified API between camera host drivers and
camera sensor drivers. It implements a V4L2 interface to the user, currently
only the mmap method is supported.

In any case, I glad that this supported :-)

What do you think it is possible to implement video streaming without the intervention of the processor?

Regards,

Alex Gershgorin