Re: [git:v4l-dvb/for_v3.3] [media] DVB: dib0700, add support for Nova-TD LEDs

On 01/18/2012 08:54 AM, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
On Wednesday 18 January 2012 14:18:48 Michael Krufky wrote:
Mauro,

Why was my sign-off changed to an Ack?

As you can see, I worked *with* Jiri to help him create this
patchset.

During review, I noticed a poorly named function, which I renamed
before pusging it into my own tree.  Patrick saw this, and merged my
changes into into his tree.

Why did I go through this effort to help another developer add value
to one of our drivers, and additional effort to make a small
cleanup, push the changes into my own tree and issue a pull request?
  I was thanked by Patrick.  Everybody's signature is on the patch,
but you then go and remove my signature, and add a forged "ack"?  I
don't understand this, Mauro.

I think it is my fault.

I haven't merged your tree but I merged Jiri's patches as is. (git am)
I completely oversaw your pull request and issued mine.

Mauro in IRC told me that you issued a PULL request as well. Not being
aware that you have made any modifications Mauro suggest to pull from me
and add an Ack-By to the patches.

So he did not remove anything but trusted me too much.

Hmmmm... That's unfortunate. I also made various corrections in the commit messages.

I *meant* this to go to Mauro, I didn't realize it was going to linux-media list. Now I see that there was a reply-to header set, so that explains why "reply" had larger effects ;-)

Either way, Mauro, Can you remove those patches and re-apply them from my tree? Please feel free to add Patrick's Sign-off.

For the record, I actually worked *with* Jiri on these patches -- I told him how to toggle the LEDs, I told him which functions to override, and I showed him examples of how it was done elsewhere within dib0700 as well as how other drivers do it, and I encouraged him to submit these patches because I am trying to get more people involved in DVB development.

I just feel violated to have my signature stripped away from something that I took part in, and then to see additional signatures added on top made matters worse.

-Mike