Best "card=n" option for no-name SAA7134-based card?

At the recommendation of the developer of a piece of software called
openreplay, I purchased one of these cards: http://tinyurl.com/7kupvw7
from eBay.  Some Googling suggests the manufacturer *might* be an
outfit called "wave-p". It's detected by the saa7134 module as a card
with no EEPROM, so the module loads in generic mode.  I get four
/dev/video<n> interfaces, but I get no video on any of the interfaces
from xawtv, vlc, or mplayer.  I also don't see (as I saw from a
Hauppauge card I have in the system) any encoders/decoders registered
(e.g. " ivtv0: Registered device video4 for encoder MPG").

Should I be able to get video from the card in generic mode?  If so,
any suggestions on what I should be doing?  If not, what "card=n"
option should I try?

Physically, the card has 4 Trident SAA7134 chips, a chip numbered
P17C8140A  on the board and 4 BNC-F connectors on the bezel.

--
Kit Peters (W0KEH), Engineer II
KMOS TV Channel 6 / KTBG 90.9 FM