Re: sveon stv40 usb stick

Hi again!

following the thread "em28xx: new board id [eb1a:5051]" between Reuben
and Gareth I was able to advance a little:

1) I opened the usn stick and my chipsets are:
- USB interface: em2860
- Audio ADC: emp202
- Video ADC: saa7118h (philips)

2) I confirm that the stock em28xx driver can recognize the usb stick
but needs to specify a card manually as an option.

3) Using "modprobe em18xx card=19" (which corresponds to
"EM2860/SAA711X Reference Design") I can go so far as to get a
/dev/video0, but the preview is black no matter what i do.

4) I was able to eventually compile the v4l drivers but, as soon as I
inject the driver, I get a kernel oops (attached). I made no change to
the code obtained with git.

I won't even mind to write some code myself, but I really have no idea
where to begin with!

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide,

Best,

Mario