Re: v4l: how to get blanking clock count?

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 05:10:40PM +0800, Scott Jiang wrote:
> 2012/1/4 Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@xxxxxx>:
> > Hi Scott,

> >> Yes, this value doesn't affect the result image. The hardware only
> >> raises a error interrupt to signify that a horizontal tracking
> >> overflow has
> >> occurred, that means the programmed number of samples did not match up
> >> with the actual number of samples counted between assertions of
> >> HSYNC(I can only set active samples now).
> >
> > Is there no way to disable this tracking, and just rely on hsync as everyone
> > else does? Sounds like the hardware tries to do something it shouldn't...
> >
> If I disable this interrupt, other errors like fifo underflow are ignored.
> Perhaps I can add a parameter in platform data to let user decide to
> register this interrupt or not.

I think a more generic solution would be preferrable. If that causes
ignoring real errors, that's of course bad. I  wonder if there would be a
way around that.

Is there a publicly available datasheet for the bridge that I could take a
look at?

--
Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@xxxxxx	jabber/XMPP/Gmail: sailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx