Re: EasyCAP with identifiers

Hello,

Le Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:14:55 -0500,
"Full Name" <danewson@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I just got an EasyCAP usb device with component and S-video inputs, and it doesn't match what I was expecting from reading lists about drivers.

Be careful, there are several devices that the commercial name
"EasyCAP" but that internally aren't the same thing. We had the
experience of a device labelled "EasyCAP", which was working fine with
the easycap driver in drivers/staging. We bought another one from
Amazon, also labeled EasyCAP, and even though it looked exactly the
same externally, the hardware inside is completely different and is not
supported by the easycap driver in drivers/staging.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons