From: linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hamad Kadmany
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:05 AM
To: linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Support for multiple section feeds with same PIDs

Hello

Question on the current behavior of dvb_dmxdev_filter_start (dmxdev.c)

In case of DMXDEV_TYPE_SEC, the code restricts of having multiple sections
feeds allocated (allocate_section_feed) with same PID. From my experience,
applications might request allocating several section feeds using same PID
but with different filters (for example, in DVB standard, SDT and BAT tables
have same PID).

The current implementation only supports of having multiple filters on the
same section feed.

Any special reason why it was implemented this way?

Thank you
Hamad