Re: LinuxTV ported to Windows

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Andreas Oberritter <obi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The point I'm trying to make: Someone made a presumably nice open source
> port to a new platform and the first thing you're doing is to play the
> GPL-has-been-violated-card, even though you're admitting that you don't
> know whether any right is being violated or not. Please don't do that.
> It's not very encouraging to someone who just announced free software.

To be clear, at no point did I say the GPL has been violated.  I am
*asking* if others think this represents a GPL violation since at
first glance it appears that this software very well might.

I don't really have a problem with GPL drivers running on Windows.
But if I were the original author of one of the drivers Abylay has
ported, I might think differently.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs