Re: mt9p031 based sensor and ack lockups. Ie CCDC won't become idle.

Hi Andrew,

On Monday 21 November 2011 00:54:04 Andrew Tubbiolo wrote:
> Hi All:
>
>    I'm having fun with my new camera project that uses the mt9p031
> camera. I'm getting nice raw stills, and that's great, but every 16 or
> so images I take I get a troublesome error.
>
> CCDC won't become idle!
>
> The message is coming from...
>

> static int ccdc_isr_buffer(struct isp_ccdc_device *ccdc)
>
> in ...
>
> linux-2.6.39.1/drivers/media/video/omap3isp/ispccdc.c
>
> I printed out the return of the status of the registers on the CCDC
> and found that the only bit set was the CCDC_BUSY register.

[snip]

> I THINK I'm suffering from a data underflow, where the previous batch
> of images did not complete, or something.

The OMAP3 ISP is quite picky about its input signals and doesn't gracefully
handle missing or extra sync pulses for instance. A "CCDC won't become idle!"
message usually indicates that the CCDC received a frame of unexpected size
(this can happen if the sensor stops in the middle of a frame for instance),
or that the driver had no time to process the end of frame interrupt before
the next frame arrived (either because of an unsually long interrupt delay on
the system, or because of too low vertical blanking).

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart