Re: PATCH 04/13: 0004-TDA18271-Allow-frontend-to-set-DELSYS

Thank you, Manu... After the Linux Kernel Summit in Prague, I had
intentions of solving this exact problem, but you did it first -- good
job!

I have reviewed the patch to the tda18271 driver, and the changes make
good sense to me.  I have one question, however:

Perhaps my eyes have overlooked something -- I fail to see any code
that defines the new "set_state" callback or any code that calls this
new callback within dvb-core (assuming dvb_frontend.c)  I also can't
find the structure declaration of the "tuner_state" struct... ... is
this patch missing from your series, or did I just overlook it?

That missing patch is what interests me most.  Once I can see that
missing code, I'd like to begin discussion on whether we actually need
the additional callback, or if it can simply be handled by the
set_params call.  Likewise, I'm not exactly sure why we need this
affional "struct tuner_state" ...  Perhaps the answer will be
self-explanatory once I see the code - maybe no discussion is
necessary :-P

But this does look good to me so far.  I'd be happy to provide my
"reviewed-by" tag once I can see the missing code mentioned above.

Best regards,

Michael Krufky