Leadtek PxDVR3200H and mythbuntu 11.04/11.10

Hello All,

I have a new Leadtek PxDVR3200H tuner card that I an trying to get working in mythbuntu 11.04/11.10 and with little success.

The problem seems to be that the hardware is the version that needs the xc4000 firmware, but the kernel drivers assume that it needs the xc2038-v27 firmware.

I have tried downloading clean v4l repositories and trying to patch for xc4000 but I can't get it to compile. As well, I'm in Australia so I need the 7MHz version particular to our transmission type.

If anyone else has had success with this, I'd love to find out the sequence of steps that you took to do it.
Nothing I have been able to do yet works.

The card works in the machine with Windows loaded, so there is no problems with the card, antenna or signal strength, as I'm quite close to the centre of the city of Adelaide.

Hoping to hear from someone that can give me some ideas on where to go next.

Regards,

John Kent