is this doable ?

Dear All.

I'm seeking for a way to do low-cost but easy-to-do NOAA APT receiving.
Since NOAA APT Requency band is at arround 136-138 Mhz many people build their receiver based on TV tuner.
Based on this fact, I think a PCI/USB TV receiver card will do.

I start by looking what card is available in my area, and I found it's "LEADTEK TV2000 XP Global - TV / FM Tuner", and from http://istvanv.users.sourceforge.net/v4l/xc4000.html , I got that the tuner module will be XC3028 or XC4100 With this , I try to search for datasheet, and from XCeive.inc site .. I got that this tuner's frequency range is betwen 42-864 Mhz.

Next I look what linuxtv said about that two tuner :
1. For XC3028 --> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xceive_XC3028/XC2028
2. For XC4100 , I got http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Linux.htm and then http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Linux.htm

So I think the driver things will doable.

But AFAIK , NOAA APT signals is just a plain FM signals.
How to set this card to receive FM in frequency ranges of 136-138 Mhz ?
will this ( http://linux.die.net/man/1/fm ) can do the job ?
How can I set the FM frequency bandwidth to 40kHz - 50kHz (Standar FM Broadcast is 150 khz .. way to wide)

My plan is just record the sound using ffmpeg, and do post processing using other software later.

Sincerely
-bino-