Re: AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

2011/11/12 Tim Draper <veehexx@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 11 November 2011 23:16, Malcolm Priestley <tvboxspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2011-11-12 at 09:51 +1100, Jason Hecker wrote:
>>> I concur.  I have been using Malcolm Priestly's patches with both my
>>> AF9015 dual tuner cards (which are PCI but still look like USB to the
>>> kernel) for a few weeks now and have (finally!) got consistently
>>> perfect recordings in MythTV simultaneously with both tuners on a
>>> card. Malcolm, when do you think you'll submit these patches to the
>>> tree for inclusion?  Is there anything else to test?
>>>
>>> I agree about the power cycling.  Every time I reboot I disconnect the
>>> AC supply for 20secs to be sure the cards are power cycled properly -
>>> you do the same thing by pulling out the stick.
>>
>> Yes, this is what is holding up the patches to media_build.
>>
>> The bug appears to be a race condition that appears in get config with
>> some usb controllers.
>>
>> Josu, your patch is for the older hg version on s2, so this will not
>> work on media_build.
>>
>> I have being trying to a way to do it without the bus lock, but can't
>>
>> I will try and finish the patches tomorrow.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Malcolm
>>

> thanks for the quick responses guys! i look forward to the update.
> since i'm new to this mailing list, and have only used v4l in
> pre-configured linux distro's, how will this fix be distributed to
> people - as a patch i presume?
> are there any how-to's with prerequisites of whats required to apply a patch?
> --

Hello Tim, I am not expert on this. I use to install this way:

apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential
mkdir /usr/local/src/dvb
cd /usr/local/src/dvb

wget http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/archive/tip.zip
unzip s2-liplianin-0b7d3cc65161.zip
cd s2-liplianin-0b7d3cc65161

cp /home/lazkano/Dropbox/repository/dvb/af9015_v3.patch.tar.gz .
tar xvzf af9015_v3.patch.tar.gz
patch -p1 < af9015_v3.patch

make CONFIG_DVB_FIREDTV:=n
make install

With this method, I get working the Kworld dual DVB-T and Tevii S660 DVB-S2.

Malcolm, thanks for your work, with this patches you will make useful
3 DVB-T devices I have.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano