Re: FX2 FW: conversion from Intel HEX to DVB USB "hexline"

On Sunday, November 06, 2011 07:07:31 PM Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Many thanks!
>
> Actually, I was just started to write similar Python script! You got
> maybe 15min late but still 15min before mine was ready :)
>
> Format was nothing more than convert ASCII hex values to binary bytes
> and stripping out all white spaces and Intel HEX start code ":".
>
> Why it was initially converted to binary and not used Intel HEX as it
> is? I think you know, as a original author, history about that decision?

Because doing string-parsing and evaluation in the kernel is something I
usually  avoid. And it can't sure be done within 300 bytes (the size of the
perl script). Also the .bin is smaller in term of size compared to the .hex.

--
Patrick Boettcher - KernelLabs
http://www.kernellabs.com/