Re: Display hotplug

Hi James,

When I plug my laptop's (Toshiba R630, Intel i3 with integrated on-die
graphics) HDMI port into a TV, the display manager in Ubuntu is able to
detect it and, after a click or two, mirror or extended-desktop to it.

So I would say the answer is... it already does. It's more likely that
your distribution doesn't have the tools you need to do what you want,
or the driver for your graphics device needs some work :)

And I don't think this problem falls into the remit of linux-media;
graphics drivers are dealt with elsewhere, aren't they?
--
Steve Kerrison MEng Hons.
http://www.stevekerrison.com/