Re: freeze/crash

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:35:13 +0200, James <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/14/11 17:53, semiRocket wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:38:46 +0200, James <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/14/11 07:10, semiRocket wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:51:37 +0200, James <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 It always crashes when I access the hardware but the place it crashes
is random.
Maybe you would want to pass those crash logs for debugging purposes What crash logs?
The kernel locks up, is there a log somewhere?

System log under /var/log/messages
or command dmesg

Also, if you keep your terminal window open crash should pop-up by itself so called "kernel oops". For example see first post in the following link:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/316131/how-do-you-diagnose-a-kernel-oops
There was no kernel oops, everything just froze.
dmesg seems to clear when I reboot.

Yes, log is regenerated with reboot.

If everything just froze those pci slot swap seems like a good solution :)
It sounds to me like some hardware problem (maybe dust preventing a good contact in slot).