Fwd: various patches for TT S2-3650 CI

Subject: various patches for TT S2-3650 CI
Date: 16 мая 2011, 00:53:18
From: Damien Fouilleul <damien.fouilleul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Получатель:  "Igor M. Liplianin" <liplianin@xxxxx>
Копия:  Dominik Kuhlen <dkuhlen@xxxxxxx>

Hi Igor,

I do not know what procedure you expect for submitting patches to s2-lilipian,
so i apologize in advance if i'm just spamming your mailbox.

i've own a 3650 for a few months, and i could not get it working with the
current driver in s2-lilipian on my setup, consisting of universal LNB
connected to a Stab HH-100 rotor.
the windows drivers works flawlessly, so i decided to get USB sniffer and
compare the linux and windows driver. The following patches are a direct
result of a couple of months of investigation.

In a nutshell, the current driver for the LNBP22 SEC does not allow it for
providing enough current to power up the rotor, which requires about 300mA for
about a second to charge up its DC/DC capacitors. The following patch enable a
bit in the driver, which raises the current overload threshold. I've also
documented the status register based on my own investigations.

Regarding the pctv452e driver, I fixed an issue with the remote control being
too sensitive; i've discovered a bit in the remote control data, which gets
flipped every time a key is pressed, and does't when a key is held down. By
combining this finding and some code I lifted from the cinergyT2-core (which
does a good job at managing repeatable keys), i've come up with the following
patch.

I've also modified the USB transfer parameters to match the values used by the
windows driver. It does help on my old powerpc macmini running mythtv-backend,
it could barely cope with the number of interrupts generated by using the
original parameters.

I hope you'll find this useful

Damien

Igor M. Liplianin
Microsoft Windows Free Zone - Linux used for all Computing Tasks