Re: [RFC] New class for low level sensors controls?

Hi Guennadi,

On Thursday 08 September 2011 14:35:54 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 01:41:11PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 06 September 2011 13:36:53 Sakari Ailus wrote:

[snip]

> > > Other controls often found in bayer sensors are black level
> > > compensation and test pattern.
>
> May I suggest a couple more:
>
> (1) snapshot mode (I really badly want this one, please;-))

What do you mean exactly by snapshot mode ? Is that just external trigger, or
does it cover more features than that ?

> (2) flash controls (yes, I know we already have V4L2_CTRL_CLASS_FLASH, I
>     just have the impression, that these controls are mostly meant for
>     either pure software implementations, or for external controllers, I
>     think it should also be possible to have them exported by a normal
>     sensor driver, but wasn't really sure. So, wanted to point out to this
>     possibility once again.)

As Sakari told you in his answer, we can add new controls to the flash class.

> (3) AEC / AGC regions

This will get tricky. I'm tempted to propose the idea of v4l2_rect controls
and control arrays again :-)

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart