Re: Smart card reader support for Anysee DVB devices

On 09/02/2011 02:04 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>  writes:

Since Anysee device itself does not have CCID interface it is needed
to make virtual USB device in order to get CCID support. I have never
seen virtual USB devices like that, but there is VHCI in current
kernel staging that actually does something like that over IP.

Don't know if you have seen this already, but there's a virtual CCID
device implementation in QEMU.  See http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Smartcard
Should be a good starting point.  Combine it withe the VHCI driver from
USBIP and you have your CCID device.

It is first time I hear about QEMU virtual CCID. Now we have all parts needed for USBIP VHCI and QEMU virtual CCID, just glue those together.

I wonder if it is wise to even create virtual CCID "core" to Kernel. There is few other readers that can use that too, actually I think all USB readers that have unique USB ID (blocking out those which uses USB-serial converters with common IDs).

As I see that CCID still more complex as serial device I will still look implementing it as serial as now.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/