Re: S2-3200 switching-timeouts on 2.6.38

On 03/21/2011 08:46 PM, Rico Tzschichholz wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any intention to include this patch
soon? https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/244201/

Currently using 2.6.38 results in switching-timeouts on my S2-3200 and
this patch fixes this for good.

So it would be nice to have it in 2.6.39.

Thank you and best regards,
Rico Tzschichholz

Hello,

I also have a Technotrend S2-3200. Bought it 4 years ago. Support for Linux seemed to be close at the time. I was a bit of a fool for thinking that. It's been on the shelf for most of the time.

Anyway, I've applied that patch, and it turns the S2-3200 from being worth hardly more than a paperweight to a functional DVB-S card. I don't understand why this patch does not get included.

Only DVB-S2 transponders don't consistently lock properly in kaffeine. I'll test what "scan" does tomorrow, see if it's a kaffeine-specific problem or not. But even just DVB-S working properly is a massive difference for this card.

If it helps, I'll check the silicon version of my card tomorrow as well.

Best regards,

P. van Gaans