adp1653 usage

Hello, Sakari.

I would like to understand how to use subdevice (like adp1653) in
current v4l2 framework from user space.

My understanding is following.

Kernel has two drivers (simplified view):
- camera device
- flash device

Kernel initializes a camera driver from a platform specific setup code.
The camera driver loads the subdevice drivers. Later I could access the
subdevice driver parts via IOCTL(s) on /dev/videoX device node.

What I have missed.
- if the subdevice creates device node /dev/v4l-subdevX, how the user
space will know the X is corresponding to let say flash device?
- if there is no v4l-subdevX device node, when and how the kernel runs
->open() and ->close() methods of v4l2_subdev_internal_ops?

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy