Re: DiBxxxx: fixes for 3.1/3.0

On 03/08/11 16:33, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Would you please pull from
>
> git://linuxtv.org/pb/media_tree.git for_v3.0
>
> for the following to changesets:
>
> [media] dib0700: protect the dib0700 buffer access
> [media] DiBcom: protect the I2C bufer access

These patches seem to fix the issue I was having with Hauppauge Nova-TD
USB sticks where only half the stick would work (random half each boot).
These may also fix tuning issues others were having with DiBcom based
cards/sticks. I've also noticed I'm no longer getting the "dib0700: tx
buffer length is larger than 4. Not
supported." errors in dmesg either.

I did have a bit of trouble compiling the patches, I had to modify the
dprintk(...) calls in the dib0700 patch to
dprintk(dvb_usb_dib0700_debug, 0x01, ...), although these should
probably be deb_info(...) calls.

Regards,
David

--
David Waring, Software Engineer, BBC Research & Development
5th Floor, Dock House, MediaCity:UK, Salford, M50 2LH, United Kingdom