Re: [GIT PULL for v3.0] media updates for v3.1

On 07/31/2011 03:53 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

Sorry about the top post.  Replying from phone since i'm on vacation.

Haven't tested the firmware, but as long as it's based on the Xceive
sources it's ok to redistribute in terms of licensing.  Just use the
same license I provided for the original firmware.

I have uploaded the firmware package to here:
  http://juropnet.hu/~istvan_v/xc4000_firmware.tar.gz
Simply running "make" should compile the utility and create the
firmware file (dvb-fe-xc4000-1.4.fw). The package includes some files
that are not actually needed, for building the version 1.4 firmware
from the official sources, it is enough to have build_fw.c and the
two header files it depends on. I did not change any license
information, although the source files did not include it originally,
so that may still need to be added from here:
  http://www.kernellabs.com/firmware/xc4000/README.xc4000

For completeness, here is the original version of build_fw.c for
comparison, and the original firmware SDK (I have modified one of
the header files to fix a compile error):
  http://juropnet.hu/~istvan_v/build_fw.c
  http://juropnet.hu/~istvan_v/Xc4000_c_code.zip