Re: [GIT PULL for v3.0] media updates for v3.1

On 07/30/2011 04:03 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

Btw, It may actually make sense to not allow using the PAL filter with a
NTSC source and vice-versa, e. g. reducing the notch filter to only 3
possible values:

	0 - 4xFSC			(00)
	1 - square pixel		(01)
	2 - std-optimized filter	(10 or 11)

Where 2 would man 10 for NTSC standard or 11 for PAL standard. I suspect,
however, that the std-optimized filter only works if the sampling frequency
is set to 27 MHz. However, at cx88 code, we set the sampling frequency to
be 8xFSC, instead of fixing it to 27MHz. Due to that, I doubt that the
PAL or NTSC optimized filters will give a good result. So, maybe we can change
it to just:

	0 - 4xFSC
	1 - square pixel

In other words, except if you found that the std-optimized filters are giving
better results, I would change the control to only select between 00 and 01,
and initialize it at device init, with 00.

OK, I have no problem with removing the standard optimized filters and
restricting the control to 2 settings; I only used the square pixel one
anyway, as I found it often looks better than the default filter.