Problems with Hauppauge Nova-TD (dib0070/dib7000PC)

I'm currently using 3 of these USB sticks on a PC with the videolan.org
dvblast program to multicast the UK Freeview DVB-T muxes on our local
network. I'm also using a PCTV nanostick 290e to multicast the DVB-T2
mux too.

I'm having a problem with the Nova-TD sticks (52009) using recent builds
from the media_build git repository (to get the 290e drivers) on Debian
squeeze using 2.6.38-bpo.2-686. The problem is that only one half of
each Nova-TD stick will tune and give data. Which half seems to be
random and changes with each reboot. Occasionally I'll get a whole stick
working or one of the sticks will not work at all. If I try to use a
non-working half of a stick it will knock out the working half until I
stop using trying to use the non-working half. So I'm seeing
interference of one logical dvb adapter from another that are both on
the same physical hardware.

Also after a few days the sticks stop working completely and need to be
powered down before they work again, but this may be a different issue.

I'm getting a few "dib0700: tx buffer length is larger than 4. Not
supported." in dmesg during first tune. Maybe coincidence, but I've
noticed that on the last reboot 4 tuners (out of the 6 total Nova-TD
tuners) are not working and I have 4 of the above message in dmesg, so
there could be a link.

I've tried turning on the debugging for both the dvb_usb_dib0700 and
dvb_usb modules but there was no indication of the problem.

Any suggestions for what I could try next to find the cause and fix this?

David
--
David Waring, Software Engineer, BBC Research & Development
5th Floor, Dock House, MediaCity:UK, Salford, M50 2LH